Saturday, July 7, 2007

Target-ing The Thrifty Bride: Me Likes!

I <3 Target.

So, when I found out they were debuting their bridal line, designed by the uber-fab Isaac Mizrahi no less, I was super excited!

The dresses are simple, elegant and perfect for a vow renewal. I like the fact that I won't be buried under tons of tulle and other fabric, no one will confuse me with the wedding cake (tons of frothy fabrics) or looking like the typical cookie-cutter bride. Here is the dress I have decided to wear for the ceremony:

I love the simple, classic lines! A great choice at only $129.00! Click here for more details.

I am also going to purchse my veil there for a cool $18.99:


My shoes, fabulous and a complete steal at $19.99:


And a cool clutch for $16.99 -- neat!


Some may say this is taking bridal budgeting to the extreme, but I am thinking about the entire event this way:

We don't have an unlimited budget to spend on this wonderful event, and we have to make some really smart decisions to pull it off by March.

I want to focus the bulk of the budget on obtaining a really great venue and a excellent photographer. I want to have memories, pictures that really capture the day, the feel -- and I want more to look at than a handful of posed, not-that-great photos and a dress I will wear only once and more than likely donate to charity afterwards.

I guess everyone's priorities are different. Those are mine.

And if I can't make that dress look good, no amount of tulle and froth will help me look any better.

Thrifty brides of the world unite -- and let's get to Target!

No comments: